Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring is springing?

There's something so refreshing about spring - especially when you've had one of the hardest winters in recent history. True story: there are Luxembourgers who had never seen snow actually in Luxembourg.

...until this winter:

Chateau grounds, February

But then, according to custom, these Luxembourgers had a little fete that, translated, means 'Burning Sunday.' This is a particular Sunday in winter when they literally try to burn away the winter. There were bonfires, parades, the occasional burning cross (in a very non KKK fashion, I've been told) and fireworks - making me think Luxembourg was under siege for the umpteenth time in it's history.

And you know what? I think it may have worked. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and I don't think I'm going back inside. Ever.


Metz, this weekend...

bikes? in this weather?
yes please

games in the park, under the watchful eye of General Lafayette

No comments: