Tuesday, March 16, 2010

the one and only Big Weave

Things I love about my poppa:

1. How he always let us bring him his coffee and newspaper when we visited - even though we were small, and loud, and probably not the best 'first-thing-in-the-morning' crowd

2. The way he took singing in the shower to a new level

3. The way he crossed his arms when we said grace before dinner

4. The way he called my grandma 'mom'

5. The way he wore his watch

6. The way he could just envelop me in a hug

7. How he always said, without fail,  'well, you know we love you and are so very proud of you' after every single conversation

1 comment:

Carrie Engelbrecht said...

Tears are in my eyes. The things you loved about Poppa are some of things I loved about my daddy. Thanks for honoring a great man. We were indeed lucky!