Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Expat Book Club

As most of you know, I'm an avid reader. I think this is why most of the time I don't mind taking trains and buses everywhere - it provides a great opportunity to dive into a good book.

A few weeks ago I started to reflect on Lent - how was I going to prepare for Easter?

I decided to give up secular literature and to replace it with faith-based reading. What could be a better way to submerse myself in the reason for the season?

 

My first book? The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. Strobel approaches Christianity the way C.S. Lewis did a few decades earlier - a skeptic trying to make logical sense of Christian faith. 

One of my favorite parts? He visits a scholar from the one, and only, Miami University! Hearing him describe those lovely red brick buildings just tugged at my heart strings....

No comments: