Monday, August 31, 2009

On y va!

And so it begins! Tomorrow I'm leaving for Dusseldorf to pick up a group of students on Wednesday morning. Beginning Thursday we'll be thrust in to a fury of orientation activities filled with speeches (two given by yours truly) and field trips. I am so ready to get this semester started!

But seriously, sitting in my office, with nothing but my thoughts and a closet full of broken umbrellas (a rather one-sided lost-and-found), has been at times constructive, but almost introspective to a fault. On the constructive side, however, I've been able to create some objectives for the coming months: reconnect with old friends, discover true luxembourgish life, and find ways to challenge myself.

And speaking of challenges. I've decided to run a 10K in Munich on October 11th. This decision came after talking to one of my colleagues at the Chateau, an art professor who is running the marathon to raise money for an Fine Arts endowment at Miami. It's an inspiration, and I encourage you to check out her blog to learn more about her project.


So far training has been great. Running around town has been the best way to discover the little nuances of Differdange. I see people drinking espresso outside the local cafes, children playing in the park, couples strolling down the street - its iconic Europa and I love it.

1 comment:

c.hump said...

that closet sounds creepy.

get on twitter.

i got a job

i love you!!

good luck with running.

--chump