Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ohio Homecoming 2011



While I'm loving my European adventure, I haven't forgotten about my little city on the lake. Last year, it got a little bit of a bad rap (a certain magazine rated it as the 'most miserable city' in America), but instead of Clevelanders letting that bring them down, they decided to show the world exactly why we weren't miserable. That, in fact, this city has so much to offer and some of the most genuine people in the mid-west.

To quote a fellow Cleveland enthusiast: 'This city is buzzing.'

So, this July, a mere week after I move back to the states, I'll be celebrating Cleveland's birthday with an event called Ohio Homecoming. This video was shot last summer and I get goosebumps every time I watch it - I remember looking out at the crowd, thinking 'miserable? yeah right.'

I have a little project I've been working on that will be in this summer's line up of events (more on that later), and I gotta say, Cleveland rocks.

If you're reading this, from Cleveland, and interested in learning more about Ohio Homecoming, shoot me an email! There are so many fun ways to get involved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey chicka, we'll be moving back from florida in june, hope to see you in lil italy sometime this summer. Hope all is well ...

- Jonathan (Mihno)