Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Figuring out France

Well, I never thought I would join this 21st century phenomena known as 'blogging' but as I've begun to plan for this up coming year, I've realized that keeping friends and family up-to-date with my life would become increasingly difficult and that a blog may be the best (and most effective) way to do this.

As of now I've received my 'arrete' which is more or less my official contract with the school(s) I'll be teaching at in "L'academie de poitiers" or the region or school district that I've been placed in. I'll be spending 6 hours a week at the technical lycee Maurice Merleau-Ponty in Rochefort, and 3 hours a week at the college Jean Monet in St. Agnant.

Still on the "to-do" docket before I leave:

* Apply for a visa - incredibly confusing...wish me luck
* find housing
* figure out the cell-phone situation
* buy a plane ticket

No comments: